These delicious cookies have a crisp outside with a soft interior. The bourbon and pecans really complement each other and pair perfectly with the chocolate chips.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pecans
- Flaky sea salt for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place chopped pecans with 1/4 teaspoon of salt on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes and let cool.
- I’m a medium sauce pan over medium heat add butter and heat until browned and fragrant.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and add bourbon and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add sugar and butter mixture. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl while butter and sugar cream.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chunks and pecans until incorporated.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours. Remove from refrigerator and portion into 1/4 cup balls and place two inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Top each cookie with flaky sea salt.
- In a 350 degree F oven cook cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes and the move to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply