This is a excellent recipe for a snack or a hand held breakfast, especially for kids. It calls for coconut sugar and rolled oats giving it lots of fiber. The freeze dried strawberries add a sweet berry touch without added moisture of fresh strawberries.
- 1/2 cup of very cold butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1.2 ounces chopped freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Additional 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons butter melted for glaze.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate butter on a cheese grater and place in freezer while you prep.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and clove into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut cold grated butter into dry ingredients until incorporated using a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add oats and freeze dried strawberries to mixture and combine.
- Add honey and milk. Mix with a fork and then combine with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cuter.
- Place each biscuit on the parchment lined baking sheet and rework extra dough to cut additional biscuits. Brush tops with melted honey butter mixture and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Leave a Reply