This is a great waffle recipe that uses coconut palm sugar and olive oil for a healthier spin on waffles. I purée the blueberries so they are kid friendly. They are a great item to keep in the freezer. To reheat just remove from the freezer and put them in your toaster frozen.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Yields 6-7 waffles
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Spoon waffle mix on to a preheated waffle iron.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or freeze for later.
- If you do not have buttermilk add a splash of lemon juice or white vinegar to regular milk.
- Cut waffles into segments and freeze for a easy breakfast.
- You can use white sugar if you do not have coconut palm sugar.
- You can use canola oil instead of olive oil.
- Use whole blueberries for a classic blueberry waffle feel.
Leave a Reply